The IRS released the 2023 health savings account (HSA) annual contribution limits and high deductible health plan (HDHP) requirements in IRS Rev. Proc. 2022-24. The same document also set forth update contribution limits for excepted benefit Health Reimbursement Accounts for 2023. The updated annual dollar amounts are listed below.
2023 HSA Annual Contribution Limits*
- Self-only (single) HDHP coverage = $3,850
- Other than self-only (family) HDHP coverage = $7,750
*Catch-up contributions — HSA-eligible individuals who have reached age 55 by the end of the taxable year can make an extra annual $1,000 catch-up contribution.
2023 Qualifying HDHP Coverage
- Minimum Deductible – Self-only (single) = $1,500; Other than self-only (family) = $3,000
- OOP Maximum – Self-only (single) = $7,500; Other than self-only (family) = $15,000
2023 Excepted Benefit HRA Contribution Limits
- For plan years beginning in 2023, the maximum amount that may be made newly available for the plan year for an excepted benefit HRA is $1,950.
For more information about Health Savings Account & Excepted Benefit HRA Limits for 2023, contact BCC or your Broker.
While every effort has been taken in compiling this information to ensure that its contents are totally accurate, neither the publisher nor the author can accept liability for any inaccuracies or changed circumstances of any information herein or for the consequences of any reliance placed upon it. This publication is distributed on the understanding that the publisher is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice or services. Readers should always seek professional advice before entering into any commitments.